If you represent a religious institution or non-profit organization, you may find a whole new pool of adepts and supporters by creating a website. Your website will be a reference point where online visitors can learn about you, your values, goal, vision, and projects.
However, you may worry that you won’t cope with creating a site without the help of a web designer. Fortunately, there are modern religious WordPress themes that are 100% newbie-friendly. To power a church website with such a template, you don’t need any web design background or coding knowledge.
Today, I present to you five best church themes for charity and religion-related WordPress websites. Enjoy the ease of editing your site with a drag-n-drop with modern church themes!
- 0.1 Let’s begin with our top church WordPress template compilation!
- 1 Altitude Pro Theme
Let’s begin with our top church WordPress template compilation!
Risen is one of the latest clean templates for churches and Christian organizations. This is one of the best church themes, offering you Elementor editing and a bunch of powerful addons with hundreds of features. With Risen theme, you get a well-thought set of pages to tell people about your church, its main goals, principles, events, sermons, etc. Risen template includes:
- Home Page – Welcome visitors with pre-made content modules, showcase some of your recent posts, engage your audience, and build lasting leads.
- About Us – Give visitors more details about your church and leading pastors.
- Ministries – This page allows you to share information about your ministries and sermons.
- Events page – Here you can invite your website visitors to attend your upcoming events.
- Contact Page – encourage getting in touch with you and share your location on Google Maps to get more people attending your church.
The main goal of the modern Risen church theme is to tell people about their values and activities. You get all the means you need to attractively present content: colorful banners, well-thought CTA buttons, a variety of layouts, animated image galleries, etc. To edit all these SEO-optimized blocks, you don’t have to be an expert thanks to drag-n-drop technology.
Church and Events
As you can figure out from the name itself, it’s a perfect theme for this niche which even holds Event management tools. It comes with a Drag & Drop page builder, helping the possibility for endless customizations, WooTickets plugin integration, to help the Church arrange paid events. It also comes with LayerSlider and Sermons premium plugins to make the package a deal.
- There is a built-in Event Calendar, a pro tool to help webmaster create events, manage the attendees, charge them, and notify each of them.
- The homepage and header are are fully customizable, thanks to the page developer.
- The layout is totally responsive and supports Retina display devices. It also comes with dedicated support.
This next recommendation comes with some unique layouts, with options to pick any one of them. It comes with advanced Sermons manager, Causes and Donations manager and even packs an exclusive Events manager. The events are displayed in a Grid pattern. The theme is lightweight, ensures faster performance and looks elegant enough to woo the visitors.
- It holds all the possible feature and functionalities for an event, and that too related to a Church.
- It is backed with Visual Composer with its 100+ elements, ready to be added to create a unique looking layout.
- The theme is totally responsive and Retina display ready, along with flexible UI.
- It supports RTL languages and does come with active translation feature built right within.
If you’re looking for a stunning design primarily, then consider checking what maranatha has to offer. It comes with a mobile-friendly layout which offers one of the best possible ambiences for this Church niche. The customizations offered inside, work at real-time. It comes with Sticky Menu which is part of every modern theme these days. It also supports multiple post types.
- The theme natively supports podcasting, helping the Church administrators to connect with the visitors in a better and personal way.
- It comes with all kinds of useful customizations, like adding your own logo, or changing the Favicon, or editing the Menu and Header area.
- The theme uses high-resolution UI which is responsive to work on multiple mobile devices.
Benevolence is my next recommendation which does with support for Church specific post types like Sermons, Ministries, News, Sponsors, Projects, and even Events. The overall UI is super cool and looks elegant. It can also be used to share details of Staff, Causes, share documents and details about projects and sponsors. PayPal is integrated within to ensure faster, and secure payment gateway to accept donations from anywhere around the globe.
- The theme is extremely fast, achieving the Page Speed Grade of A94%.
- It comes with Recurring Events plugin along with the integration of Google Calendar.
- It supports Child Theme and the package does include one.
- It supports WooCommerce integration and comes with an advanced Theme Options panel.
With the integration of WooCommerce, Spiritual is a theme that can be used to sell products or merchandise. There is an event calendar available within, to complete the Church website. The UI is of the stunning level, and I highly recommend to check out its demo. The package includes Revolution Slider plugin, which is sold separately, and it does include a Shortcode generator. The possibilities for unlimited sidebars and Google Fonts integration clarifies how useful this theme is.
- The theme comes with Wide and Boxed layouts, with a bunch of customization options.
- There is an Options panel available at the Dashboard along with Live Customizer from WordPress.
- There is a section where portfolio can be shared, thanks to included Masonry plugin.
- It comes with unlimited skin types, color schemes and also supports active translation.
It’s a known product at ThemeForest for this niche and currently, it’s ranking among trending products, which confirms that a lot of people are taking an interest in it. It comes with a Drag & Drop page builder along with multiple premium plugins in the package like Revolution Slider. The theme is WooCommerce ready and it does support bbPress community tool. The design part is totally responsive and is also Retina display compatible. Also, the inbuilt Event Calendar works in the full-screen mode, increasing the visual pleasure.
- The theme comes with wide and boxed layouts, offering a bunch of choices to pick among.
- It comes with 10 predefined color schemes and even allows putting your own.
- The theme includes Sermons manager, allowing features like categories, tags, YouTube and Video support, adding audio, video, and PDF files, uploading and then putting up a URL, etc.
- It is ready for Causes and Donations which is a crucial part of a Church website.
My today’s collection of best religious WordPress themes includes the best charity templates as you can often use the two types of WordPress themes interchangeably. Charity Events is a new charity and fundraising theme that lets you present your cause, beneficiaries, and encourage people to donate online. To build your website with the Charity Events template, you need no coding skills. Instead, you can customize Charity Events pages and create new content within the drag-n-drop interface of Elementor. To boost the UX on your website, this template also includes the premium Charitable plugin for the professional donation management and fundraising. Charity Events theme comes with dedicated lifetime support and detailed documentation.
- Powerful Options Panel;
- 5 Header Variations;
- Masonry Portfolio With Filter;
- 100% Fluid and Fits Any Device Perfectly;
- Revolution Slider.
It’s a business ready theme which can be used for any non-profit organization including the one we’re looking for. It comes with perfect UI for the specific niche and all the functionalities built right within. UI is simple, elegant, and attractive to ensure a good profile is displayed of your business to the online visitors. It can even handle a dedicated blog where you can connect with visitors on even a personal level.
- It includes features like a Sticky post, featured images, flexible-header, and full-width template.
- It is ready to work in most of the international languages, thanks to the WPML compatibility.
- The background, header, and Menu areas are customizable, and an Options Panel is also available on the Dashboard.
It’s my second recommendation which comes with a premium-looking UI and bunch of customization options, controlled from the Dashboard. It includes a responsive layout, ensuring the website’s proper functionality and positive experience on desktops, smartphones, and tablets. The homepage supports widgets which are a quick way to bring customization to the table.
- It includes a built-in section to let you share the details about upcoming events.
- The homepage area holds a slider which works with recent posts and images.
- Other than normal text posts, it can take audio and video files as posts.
- It includes four different color schemes which are easy to pick and install.
My first recommendation is a Child theme for Omega (parent theme), and it’s a popular product in our niche. It has got over ten thousands of active installs which are a big number for a free theme. It is built over HTML5 to ensure modern design elements and good performance and comes with widget ready areas at footer, and sidebar. It is customizable as it allows putting custom CSS and even includes Theme Options panel on the dashboard which is rare among free themes.
- It comes with a fluid layout, ensuring responsive UI which works perfectly on mobile devices.
- It can be used for running a small shop, via integrated WooCommerce compatibility.
- It comes with threaded comments and Sticky post like features which helps it manage a proper blog.
- It comes with custom background, custom colors, and custom header areas.
Modern Church WP Theme
BrotherlyLove is one of the best church themes designed by a professional team to be appealing to modern audiences. This template offers you a clean and neat design optimized for SEO and performance. Each of the template pages is compatible with the Elementor builder, which alleviates the process of pages’ customization. With this theme, you’ll work with no-coding user-friendly tools and builders, which is just awesome if you’re not a web design professional! BrotherlyLove theme delivers you a powerful blast of modern features. It includes Jet Elements plugin, Cherry Plugins, Parallax effect, CSS animation, Sample Data Installer, etc.
- Many Header and Footer Layouts;
- 15 Topic Images +All Demo Imagery Included;
- Ecwid Compatible;
- Live Customizer and Elementor.
Meet Chiller, a fresh and fully-functional charity, and church WordPress theme. It has a balanced and conversion-optimized design, best suited for NGOs, fundraising institutions, crowd-funding, and other donation-related organizations. You can use this template to represent your organization on the web, encourage volunteers, and receive donations online. To create a charity website with Chiller, you need no coding. You become a designer with no coding knowledge thanks to Visual Composer and drag and drop! Moreover, you get your website 80%-ready by importing the template and all sample data in one click.
Other theme features:
- Slider Revolution;
- Contact Form 7;
- 600+ Google Web Fonts;
- 400+ Font Awesome Icons;
- Smooth Content Animation.
This is the last item in our top 5 charity, and religious WordPress themes shortlist. UniWorld is the latest clean template for charity and fundraising organizations. With UniWorld, you can build a website with WYSIWYG and 50+ pre-made widgets. UniWorld template is newbie-ready, and you can customize it on the fly! The theme offers you a rich set of inner pages, including an attractive About Us page and fully-functional Blog.
Moreover, you get all the forms you need to grow your email lists and generate lasting leads. Fosr enhanced functionality, UniWorld additionally includes 7+ Jet Plugins. With Jet Plugins, you can use several pre-designed headers and footers and create breathtaking galleries, pop-ups, and tabs.
- Bonus High-quality Image Package;
- Responsive and Retina-ready;
- Well-documented + 24/7 Support.
Altitude Pro Theme
My third recommendation is from StudioPress developers, a known name in the industry, and their Altitude Pro is one of few one page themes available. It is powered by Genesis framework as usual, which makes it work fast enough and stay totally secured. To ensure customizability at the homepage, to make it count among one page themes, the homepage is widgets ready.
- The theme comes with customizer along with options to use custom color styles, background, and header area.
- It is perfect for running a landing page, and even includes three different layout options to make it work for a blog too.
- It includes HTML5 markup to make itself very modern and stay light weight.
- The theme comes with custom pre-made page templates like default, blog, landing page, and archives.
Creating a quality church website, you can turn more people to God and good causes. Five best charity and religious WordPress templates of this year deliver you trouble-free editing, tons of pre-made content blocks, excellent speed, SEO-optimization, and full responsiveness you’ve been dreaming about. Enjoy the best church templates for WordPress of this year and create a user-friendly website that inspires people to stand up for your cause!
Where do you usually look for church WordPress themes on the web? Share your thoughts and questions in the Comments section below.
Stay tuned for more!