A Church is already a non-profit organisation, and if it’s new, then it will surely have a low budget for its website. Don’t worry. You can start with WordPress, which is free to use, and then go ahead with a free theme.
Finding a free theme is not that easy, and it can be tougher than finding a premium theme. That’s because if the source isn’t genuine, you might get a malicious theme.
So, here I’m sharing a compilation of best free Church WordPress theme. Each of them is hand-picked and are good to go with.
Let’s start with our options now.
As you can judge from the name itself, it’s a theme perfectly compatible to run a website for a Charity foundation and even a Church. It is ready for all these specific niches and comes with specific UI and functionalities, built right into the package. It is compatible with Contact Form 7 and Nextgen gallery plugin, and the UI is so elegant, that you’ll find it hard to believe that it’s a free product.
- The theme is ready to work with WooCommerce plugin, allowing you to run a fully functional e-commerce shop.
- The layout is responsive and adaptable to the screen resolution of the device.
- It is ready to work with multiple languages as it supports WPML plugin.
- It includes additional features like Options Panel, Sticky Post, threaded comments and featured images.
It’s a business ready theme which can be used for any non-profit organization including the one we’re looking for. It comes with perfect UI for the specific niche and all the functionalities built right within. UI is simple, elegant, and attractive to ensure a good profile is displayed of your business to the online visitors. It can even handle a dedicated blog where you can connect with visitors on even a personal level.
- It includes features like Sticky post, featured images, flexible header, and full-width template.
- It is ready to work in most of the international languages, thanks to the WPML compatibility.
- The background, header, and Menu areas are customizable, and an Options Panel is also available on the Dashboard.
It’s my second recommendation which comes with a premium looking UI and bunch of customization options, controlled from the Dashboard. It includes responsive layout, ensuring the website’s proper functionality and positive experience on desktops, smartphones, and tablets. The homepage supports widgets which are a quick way to bring a customization to the table.
- It includes a built-in section to let you share the details about upcoming events.
- The homepage area holds a slider which works with recent posts and images.
- Other than normal text posts, it can take audio and video files as posts.
- It includes four different color schemes which are easy to pick and install.
My first recommendation is a Child theme for Omega (parent theme), and it’s a popular product in our niche. It has got over ten thousands of active installs which are a big number for a free theme. It is built over HTML5 to ensure modern design elements and good performance and comes with widget ready areas at footer, and sidebar. It is customizable as it allows putting custom CSS and even includes Theme Options panel on the dashboard which is rare among free themes.
- It comes with a fluid layout, ensuring responsive UI which works perfectly on mobile devices.
- It can be used for running a small shop, via integrated WooCommerce compatibility.
- It comes with threaded comments and Sticky post like features which helps it manage a proper blog.
- It comes with custom background, custom colors, and custom header areas.
If you’re looking for a minimalistic theme, then consider checking out Responsive Brix, which as the name suggests, comes with a responsive layout, making sure the website is working on mobile devices, comfortably. It’s a multipurpose ready product and other than our Church niche, it can also be used for running a portfolio or personal blog, or even a business website. It is built using HTML5 and CSS3 to achieve proper minimal layout and A grade in Google Page Speed tests.
- It is compatible with most of the SEO norms of modern days.
- The layout is optimized to work on Retina display powered gadgets, i.e., iPad and iPhone.
- It includes a dedicated Options Panel at the Dashboard along with customizable Menu, colors, and background.
- It is ready for translation, and the content is ensured to be ready in most of the international languages.
It’s a theme built on the famous Bootstrap 3 framework which offers it rigidity, security, and top-notch performance. It comes with a layout that is unique in its own style and truly supports our specific Church niche. The theme can handle any static page and can even run a fully functional blog.
- It comes with custom post types supporting the service items which are allowed to add via Admin Panel.
- There is a dedicated Admin Panel at the Dashboard, allowing the webmaster to bring quick changes.
- It supports event post types, allowing you to quickly post an event with all of its details.
- The homepage holds a special section where a quote from Holy Bible is regularly displayed.
It’s a theme with a unique layout and it is ready to be used for multiple niches, including our Church one. It comes with five different slides, arranged vertically and spanning around the homepage, which delivers a unique experience. The theme is compatible with Contact Form 7 and even includes two different page templates.
- It is compatible with WooCommerce plugin and its extensions.
- The layout is responsive and works perfectly on mobile devices.
- It is ready to be used for photo blogging, and even as a Business profile.
That’s all I’m recommending today. If you want more features and functionalities, most importantly even better UI and visuals, then you need to opt for premium Church themes. Let me know your experience with this compilation in the discussion section below. Peace!