Starting an e-commerce website doesn’t mean that you have to aim for the big results, or sell hundreds of products.
You can begin with few products in the catalog and then wait and see how things go further.
Considering these as your baby steps, I’m sharing a compilation of best free eCommerce WordPress themes. These all are tested and works perfectly.
All you need to do is to setup WordPress and then install any of the following themes, which suits your requirements and woos you at the UI.
- 1 Let’s begin our free eCommerce WP Themes compilation!
- 1.1 iTek
- 1.2 Wootique
- 1.3 RestImpo
- 1.4 Sparkling
- 1.5 TheShop
- 1.6 Artificer
- 1.7 FlatOn
- 1.8 Catch Flames
- 1.9 EShop
- 1.10 Seller
- 1.11 Bearded
- 1.12 SaleJunction
- 1.13 New Standard
- 1.14 Make
- 1.15 Storevilla
- 1.16 Xenastore Theme
- 1.17 AccessPress Store
- 1.18 EightStore Lite
- 1.19 Petshopper
- 1.20 AccessPress Ray
- 1.21 Emmet
- 1.22 Virtue
- 1.23 E-commerce
- 1.24 Kraft Lite
- 1.25 TopShop
- 1.26 Ornea
- 1.27 Shapely
- 1.28 Mystile
- 1.29 Vantage
- 1.30 Conclusion
Let’s begin our free eCommerce WP Themes compilation!
If you don’t need any introduction to WooCommerce plugin, then you already know WooThemes. And, Wootique is one of their free product matching our criteria here. It’s developed over WooFramework which fits in perfectly with this e-commerce niche, and it comes with tons of options to customize the overall look.
- The theme comes with a custom homepage, allowing possible customizations.
- A featured Slider is available to work at homepage which is powered by CSS3 and jQuery.
- It comes with few widgets which can be placed at sidebar and footer areas.
This one is compatible with WooCommerce plugin, which confirms its entry here, and you can grab it from the official WordPress theme center. It’s available in multiple international languages like French, Greek, English, Czech, Dutch, Slovak, Spanish, etc. The prime USP of this theme is how customizable it is. There is a dedicated customizer at the Dashboard to make all those changes possible.
- It supports RTL and active translation. There is also a Theme Options panel at the Dashboard.
- It’s a full-width template also with a sidebar to put some widgets.
- It comes with six pre-defined cool schemes and includes 220 Google Fonts.
This particular theme is developed using BootStrap framework which offers its tough security layer, making it modern and also keeping it lightweight. The theme followed most of the SEO norms along with Schema compatibility to ensure better rankings and improved CTR at SERPs, respectively. It is also compatible with popular WordPress plugins like W3 Total Cache, Yoast SEO, Gravity Forms, etc.
- It comes with WooCommerce integration with a dedicated page for the shop.
- It uses flat design with responsive layout and Retina display ready elements.
- There is a Theme Options panel at the Dashboard which is rare among free themes.
This one comes with a unique layout which will surely look premium to you, and I can assure that you’ll cross-check whether it’s available without any cost, for real. The setup part is easy and quick, and it also comes with documentation video tutorials to further help you. The theme also comes with multiple page templates.
- There are multiple color options to pick and use them at scheme over different areas.
- It uses Google Fonts and cool looking icons to ensure top-notch readability.
- It can also be used to run a fully functional blog for your e-commerce setup.
As the very first contender in our top 10 free eCommerce WordPress themes, EShop WooCommerce Responsive theme gives your website a whole professional online store outlook without charging you any money for it, but some dedicated setting up only. You can use this brilliant theme for your fashion, electronic, book, cookery, and several other niches as a default online store. The responsiveness factor is alone so great that the theme can be viewed comfortably on almost every type of web-based device. Try this one for sure if you are a serious online seller.
A very beautiful, techie, and amazing free eCommerce WP theme among the top 10 free eCommerce WordPress themes. Bearded agreeably supports the famous WooCommerce plugin for WordPress and is also a responsive theme. Setting it up is something that even a kid can do with a big smile on his face, so a free bearded online store is just the thing to attract the right customers to your online store.
If there is any free eCommerce theme which can be termed as minimalist, then there is no doubt in my mind that it will be ‘New Standard’ free eCommerce theme. From top to bottom, this simple yet effective eCommerce WP theme holds some good credit to its creation, which is that the theme is officially a Shopify theme created by Pixel Union. Though, being a minimal one but New Standard will bring every kind of novel standards to your online store which neither you nor your consumers can avoid noticing.
Socute is another minimally designed great eCommerce theme among the top 10 free eCommerce WordPress themes. It is a responsive theme that provides quite a powerful plugin support for all eCommerce work. The free theme proffers enough versatility and functionality into your online store that not many webmasters resolve to use a premium eCommerce theme. Socute, in other words, is a complete solution to your online store.
A standard website theme which is powered by the Cart66 eCommerce plugin in WordPress this theme becomes an ultimate eCommerce powerhouse. The plugin is free itself and the theme as well, and with combining them both together, you can quickly attain some great eCommerce functionality within your website.
In our listing of eCommerce WordPress themes we certainly haven’t forgotten to include our dear and compassionate other half’s in scientific means. Yes! Petshopper is the theme that will serve all of your pet-based online shop needs. It is a highly responsive eCommerce theme that integrates all of the supportive functions required to setup a brilliant pet store online. Selling and purchasing were never so easy before for pet lovers; that’s until the arrival of a free alternative Petshopper.
Though this theme has its premium version as well, that costs around $45, but the free version is still quite capable of delivering excellent eCommerce services for your website. The free Virtue eCommerce responsive theme proffers tons of options and features that an online store owner will certainly find extremely useful and necessary. The theme provides you with an interface in which you can put heaps of types of products from any category. A certain short theme to use for your online business.
It’s a one-page theme with support for e-commerce setup, thanks to WooCommerce integration within. It comes with multiple customization options with advanced functionalities available at the Dashboard. The design is pixel perfect, flat, responsive and Retina displays friendly and believe me, you shouldn’t miss checking its demo. Apart from using for e-commerce shop, it can also be used to run a business profile or portfolio, or even as a landing page.
- The theme supports WordPress native Customizer, making sure the editing part is easy and quick.
- It supports Hero Image and Font Awesome Icons along with Google fonts.
- The theme comes with unlimited color options to pick and proper documentation to help out newbies.
It’s another recommended product from WooThemes (I hope you remember this name from previous recommendations), and it comes with a unique layout, holding elegance everywhere. It remains lightweight to ensure faster performance and better rankings at Google and other search engines. It comes with a built-in search tool, to help visitor quickly find a product from the shop. There are dozens of color schemes available to pick and change the ambience easily.
- The theme is built over WooFramework, ensuring proper e-commerce functionalities.
- It comes with two custom Shortcodes which are useful for the specific niche.
- The homepage is customization ready and there are dozens of other options available too.
Last, but not the least, it’s a multipurpose theme, which also matches our specific requirement here. It’s a very popular theme at WordPress official centre and has over 90k active installs, which clearly proves its worth. The layout is flexible and there is also a Page Builder available at the Dashboard to bring possible customizations. Also, WooCommerce integration is present at the native level.
- The developer offers premium dedicated support for free at their official forums.
- It comes with multiple columns to pick, custom Menu, Custom Background, and fluid layout to ensure responsive nature.
- The theme packs Options Panel at the dashboard which is powered by a page builder.
- It comes with threaded comments and supports active translation.
All done! I hope you have finalized, at least, one or two themes out of the compilation mentioned above. In the case of any confusion, feel free to describe the situation in the discussion section below, and we will take it further from there. Good luck! Another note you can view more free eCommerce templates here.