Genesis is not a free product. It’s a premium framework, developed by StudioPress. The product is cool and supports the concept of Child themes.
Now, you either have to purchase a Child theme from StudioPress which includes the Genesis framework in the package, or you can buy the framework, and then start with any of the following mentioned best free Genesis Child themes.
I’ll always recommend you to buy a theme from StudioPress and get the framework in the package. Later if you wish to use another theme, then starting with a free Child theme will be a better idea.
Makes any sense? Let’s take a look at the compilation now.
It’s a simple and elegant looking theme which is perfectly designed to fit the portfolio niche. The theme comes with powerful code with tons of extensive features like extra templates and additional Shortcodes. It supports multiple browsers and has a responsive layout to ensure proper look and functionality on mobile devices.
- The theme is optimized for SEO norms, making sure the content ranks at better rankings on SERPs.
- There are no limitations on the number of domains you can use it on.
- It supports localization, ensuring the content’s availability for global audiences.
It’s a one-page Child theme, perfectly designed to fit the portfolio or the business niche. It comes with proper navigation, smooth scroll effects, and parallax effects, which all makes it count among the premium themes. The developer behind this product has taken a simpler approach which you can easily understand by checking its Demo.
- It requires few plugins to function perfectly, which are mentioned in the documentation.
- The theme comes with customizable header area and the background area.
- It uses Lightbox effect for the images used in the portfolio area, which even works on mobile devices.
It’s another free product available with dedicated support from the developer. It’s a theme perfectly designed to be used for running a fully functional blog with a proper focus on featured image, navigation, sidebar, and, of course, the content. The design is bold, and uses high contrast colors, giving the website a bright ambiance.
- It’s a multipurpose theme that can be used to run a personal blog or to showcase work portfolio.
- It uses a totally responsive layout, ensuring proper functioning of the website on the mobile devices.
- It is 100% compatible to work with modern Genesis framework version.
If you’re looking to run a fully functional blog which is having grid layout at the homepage, then consider checking what Freepro theme is offering. The homepage layout is perfectly matching the requirement I just mentioned and it offers a look which is perfect for a professional blog. It even includes a built-in search tool along with social icons to link to your individual profiles with.
- The whole layout is 100% responsive and supports mobile devices.
- It comes with proper support for SEO norms, ensuring better organic visibility.
- The theme comes with validated HTML5 and CSS3 code, which confirms how secure it is.
- It has achieved 90% in Pingdom, GTMetrix, and Google PageSpeed checker tools.
It’s a perfect template for WordPress, compatible with Genesis framework that can be used to run a business profile. It comes with a big size image slider which can be used to add posts as well. The sidebar holds a section to grab more email subscribers. And, the theme comes with HTML5 markup, confirming the modern and lightweight UI. It comes with 100% responsive layout, which is another cool factor. There is a built-in Theme Options panel available at the Dashboard too.
- There are six color styles and four different page layouts included in the package.
- It comes with custom Background and custom Menus, which can be set according to personal taste.
- The theme is ready for translation, ensuring proper availability of content in all known languages.
It’s a theme which is not only compatible with Genesis but is also compatible with Thesis framework. Perhaps, among the very few themes which come with such a feature. It can be used to run a landing page or a proper blog or a portfolio website. It is compatible with WordPress 4+ and is regularly updated to ensure proper functioning. You even get dedicated support from the developer once you’ve become their member.
- It comes with a customizable slider which can be used to showcase latest blog posts, or images, or portfolio entries.
- It is compatible with major web browsers and comes with a responsive layout to work properly on mobile devices.
- It includes custom Shortcodes and also comes with PSD files in the package.
- The theme comes with full and proper documentation.
It’s a theme developed using the HTML5 and CSS3 at the base, ensuring the modern features inside. It comes with custom typography options and supports custom post types and even includes custom widgets inside the package. The layout is responsive and the way UI is designed offers a unique look.
- It comes with three columns footer, which is customizable according to the personal taste.
- It comes with built-in post sharing options, with added social sharing icons.
- It supports localization with built-in .mo and .po files.
Marcus is the last recommendation from my side which comes with support for HTML5 and Schema.org markup. It includes six different layouts and is also compatible with A11y. The package includes dozens of customization options along with support for Google fonts, which offers typography customization. It even includes Landing page template.
- It comes with eight different custom content box styles which are easy to pick.
- It comes with built-in navigation, fixed at the top, and is customizable to add new entries.
- It comes with SEO options, that can be set accordingly and will save you from installing any separate plugin.
These were the best free Child themes for Genesis framework. Going with them is not a good idea if you’re starting a professional blog and hoping to monetize it. But, any of these themes is good for the newbies or setting up a personal blog, which doesn’t require a lot of functionalities. In either case, good luck with your project and don’t forget to share this compilation with all your friends. Peace!