Finding a free theme which fits in most of our requirements (if not all) is not that easy. This hunting can take hours while when it comes to premium one, it’s comparatively a simple process.
You’ve planned to start a proper website for your Restaurant business and have no budget for it. Don’t worry, starting with WordPress was free and I’ll make sure you have a proper theme without paying anything.
I’m boiling down a list of best free restaurant WordPress themes over here. These themes are tried and tested by, at least, thousands of users.
So, you’re getting products which are well-known in this niche. Let’s begin with the list now!
After looking at its demo, you’ll find it hard to believe that the developer has given it away from free. It lacks few features for being a totally premium theme, but whatever else it packs, still makes it a premium entry. It comes with few customization options for the color scheme, header area, navigation, and background. The UI is super cool and elegant and perfectly matches our niche.
- It is compatible with cross browsers and is responsive to support mobile devices properly.
- It packs Theme Options panel at the Dashboard allowing the webmaster to bring possible changes quickly.
- It is always compatible with the latest WordPress version as the developer is keen to keep it updated.
It’s a stylish yet simple WordPress theme for our niche, which can be used to run a personal blog. If the webmaster is a Chef, then it will suit the requirements best. Otherwise, it can fit in with any other employee of the restaurant as well. It is extremely simple to look at and is very lightweight. It can achieve almost full marks for performance. Moreover, it’s a child theme for Omega (parent).
- It packs Options Panel at the Dashboard for bringing out quick visual and functional changes.
- The layout is responsive to ensure proper functionality of everything on the mobile devices.
- It packs threaded comments, featured image, and a sidebar to give the proper Blog look.
Bistro is a child theme for the popular Sydney parent theme, and it comes with a super premium design as far as the front-end is concerned. It’s a one-page theme with a proper focus on the CTA areas, but it can also be used for running a fully functional blog. It supports the latest features of the modern WordPress scripts and is super easy to start with.
- It supports active translation, ensuring the content is available for global audiences.
- It packs Theme Options panel at the Dashboard which is a rare entity for a free theme.
- It comes with responsive layout, making sure the website is working properly on smartphones and tablets.
It’s a theme with a specific UI, designed keeping in mind the mobile devices at first. The whole layout is fluid and super responsive, and it is also compatible with WordPress’s Live Customizer for bringing quick visual changes. It comes with built-in support for social media profiles and is a business ready theme with most of the details mentioned on the front side. It supports Microformats and SEO norms to get better SERP rankings.
- It supports most of the Google Fonts, which are one click away from installing and changing the whole typography.
- It allows choosing any color scheme for the accent and also comes with a custom header and Menu.
- It supports translation and even the RTL languages, making sure the content is available for global audiences.
As you can judge from the name, it is available in both free and premium variants. The premium one gets few more advanced features with proper support from the developer. But, the free one is also great for starting the website and maintaining it for initial days. It looks great on a restaurant’s website and perfectly fits our specific niche. Go ahead and check out its Demo to know how cool it looks.
- It perfectly suits other sub-businesses under the Restaurant category like coffee shop, lodge, etc.
- It is compatible with WooCommerce, NextGen Gallery, and Contact Form 7 plugins.
- It comes with features like right sidebar, Sticky Post, threaded comments and two columns layout, perfectly fitting the requirements for a Blog.
If you’re looking for customization options, then consider checking this one, as it’s built using Bootstrap framework which can deliver tons of front-end customizations. This framework also adds a highly secure base to the theme, along with top-notch performance. It supports Shortcodes, and the header and background areas are highly customizable. The layout is responsive and fits perfectly the smartphones and tablets.
- It is ready for translation, supporting most of the known languages.
- It supports up to three columns layout, making it a true contender to run your next blog.
- It packs Options Panel with tons of customization switches to play with.
- It comes with dark and light color schemes, both delivering an elegant feel.
My last recommendation is a very modern theme, built using HTML5 and CSS3, the two very modern and lightweight web programming languages. The use of this makes this theme super elegant in design while still keeping the performance at peak. It is ready to be used for multiple niches, mostly covering the small businesses like coffee shop, club, TV store, lifestyle, beauty, ecology, etc. The theme is based on Materialise framework, which delivers a rigid base along with super elegant design.
- The UI is clean, and material design inspired, bringing a premium feel.
- It is ready to work with WPML plugin, bringing translation to the table.
- The layout is responsive and perfectly fits the smartphones and tablets.
Impressed with these options or not? If not, let me know the specific requirement you’re looking for, and I’ll try my best to find out a working free (if not then premium) theme. Let us know your side of the story in the discussion section now. Don’t forget to share. Peace!