In today’s article, we will look at some of the best WooCommerce plugins to extend the functionlity of your online store.
Whether you want to allow visitors to browse your store in multiple languages, enhance your search functionality, add more payment method you name it there’s a plugin for that.
Without further ado lets look at:
Which are the best WooCommerce Plugins?
It’s a simple and lightweight plugin which does one thing. It translates every e-commerce related elements to the targeted language of the end user. The plugin will work for the websites using both WooCommerce and WPML plugins as the base. It takes care of the rest! With over 50,000 active installs and compatibility with the latest WordPress version, it is an impressive plugin to consider using.
- It can translate every WooCommerce compatible product listing.
- It maintains the same language throughout the procedure. Yes, till the checkout!
- It also helps in running the same store with multiple currencies.
- It can even allow the webmaster to send email alerts in the desired language.
As you can understand from the name itself, it’s a plugin which offers certain customization options for the default WooCommerce plugin. The default one allows customizations, but only via code. This free plugin adds a bunch of tools which makes those customization possible without writing a code. The plugin is well received by the community and is kept updated. It works with WooCommerce 2.4.13 and later version.
- It allows changing how Add to Cart button looks and the text inside the same.
- It allows you to adjust the number of products shown on a single page.
- It has dedicated placeholder for images and also to mention their sources.
- It lets you set Create Account option as the default in order to proceed with the checkout.
WooCommerce Product Slider
I don’t think you need to know details of this plugin as it is very clear from the name itself. The plugin is extremely simple and only offers the single feature which it promises to. Yes, it allows adding a slider which can feature products and their details. It also packs a bunch of customization options to configure and get a custom solution.
- The plugin supports multisite installation and is compatible with all known web browsers including Internet Explorer.
- It works with translation and also supports widgets.
- The plugin includes Shortcodes which makes the implementation easy.
- Everything on the front-end is responsive and mobile friendly.
WooCommerce Checkout Manager
Our next recommendation is a particular plugin for customizing the checkout procedure only. It can let you re-order, rename, hide, or extend the fields which are part of the checkout page. The plugin is already used by 40,000 users and it’s regularly updated to keep things compatible with latest WordPress script. It even offers customization for billing and shipping sections. For a plugin which is available for free, you’ll be surprised to see the number of features it possesses.
- It has fifteen different field types which can be used directly or customized further.
- It can let you set a particular field to appear or hide for a particular user in different situations.
- It comes with built-in sort orders and export orders functionalities which make the management easy.
- It saves the fields information for the user profiles which is automatically filled when they return back.
Stripe for WooCommerce
Stripe is a known payment gateway and this particular plugin adds the same functionality into the WooCommerce driven e-commerce store. The plugin allows users to make payment via their credit cards while keeping all the credentials super safe. The plugin doesn’t come with tons of features or tools. It just implements the gateway into the website. The only downside is that the developer hasn’t updated it in last one year.
- The plugin takes care of the coding part and there is nothing you need worry about. It is simple to use!
- It implements an SSL certificate on the web page where Credit Card details are entered.
- All these CC details and payment procedures are handled by the Stripe servers.
- To implement the product, you just have to copy 2 APIs and paste them.
WooCommerce EU VAT Compliance
This free plugin adds the functionalities into the e-commerce store which makes everything compatible with the EU VAT system. The VAT regime began 1st January 2015 and this plugin ensures that your website follows it. To make this work properly, it tracks the user’s location and then triggers the related functionalities which ensure the user experience is kept intact.
- It can automatically identify user’s location and keep the user data safe which can be used in future.
- It can automatically adjust the prices including the VAT. It also supports currency conversion.
- It can maintain the VAT details as per the countries and keep the record ready for future use.
- The plugin also offers an analytic tool inside, making the data tracked available for further analysis.
Pay with Amazon
As you can judge from the name itself, the plugin allows users to make payment via Amazon wallet. Before implementing the plugin, you need to ensure certain things. Like it works only with SSL ready sites and is available only in USA, Germany, and UK at this time. If you wish to use it on a single site, then there is nothing to pay. The plugin also takes care of the recurring payment. Yes, it works perfectly with the WooCommerce as it’s developed by the same developer team.
- The elements are optimized for mobile devices as everything gets automatically adjust for smartphones and tablets.
- It implements the Amazon Payment fraud protection feature to the website which can increase the user experience, for sure.
- The whole checkout procedure is conducted on the site itself rather than going onto Amazon sites.
- Users can quickly login with their Amazon account and make the payment. Their email and other details are saved at your end too.