WordPress is the best tool to start with, as its simple to learn, yet powerful to create any website. And, then you need to pick a dedicated theme for this specific niche.
I guess you just started the journey, so picking up a free theme will make more sense now. So, the following are the best free WordPress Photography themes.
Let’s begin with the compilation and see if we can find a perfect match for you. Shall we?
“When people look at my pictures I want them to feel the way they do when they want to read a line of a poem twice.” ― Robert Frank
If this is what your plan, then you need to have a proper website, as it’s a modern way to interact with your followers, or to gain hundreds.
My first recommendation is a product from a well-known theme developer, ThemeIsle, which clearly means that you’re getting a perfect product, considering there is no pricing is involved here. It’s a perfect free theme you can find it for running an online journal with lots of images. For the best reasons, it is available on official WordPress theme centre and you can also grab it from the developer’s site.
- The theme comes with a custom header, menu and background options, allowing you to make some customizations.
- It comes with one column layout, which is perfect for sharing big size images, i.e., running a photo niche blog.
- The theme comes with translation ready, making it ready for global audiences.
It’s my second favourite personal photography blog theme, which is, of course, available without any price tag, and that too on the official WordPress theme centre. It uses a Grid layout for sharing the images at the homepage and comes with five custom widgets, which is a rare case among free themes. The theme is totally responsive and does support Retina display powered devices.
- It allows the webmaster to select a custom color for accent which changes the way theme looks.
- The theme comes with translation ready, making it up to for the global audience.
- It supports gallery and video post formats and still stays minimal to be super good at performance.
This theme is a clear example of ‘simplicity at its best.’ It comes with customization options which are compatible with WordPress native Live Customizer and is extremely lightweight. The product is responsive with fluid layout and comes with White background.
- It comes with Theme Options panel, available at the back-end.
- It comes with Sticky Post feature, which is a handy thing to have.
- The theme looks stylish, simple, and is minimal enough to ensure faster performance.
We all understand the importance of traffic from mobile devices, and to make the best out of it, we have to ensure proper compatibility of the website for mobile devices. Ensuring the same, Satu is a theme, which uses a mobile-friendly layout, with beautiful UI, which is simple to understand. It comes with fewer options to ensure top-notch performance, and you can begin setting it up without going through any documentations or tutorials.
- The theme comes with Sticky Post feature, which is useful to highlight a particular post.
- It comes with active translation, ensuring the content’s availability for global audiences.
- It uses Microformats and is totally SEO friendly, to ensure better rankings at SERPs.
This is the final recommendation from my side, which comes with a unique layout than the above mentions. It fits best for any creative agencies or can even be used to run a fashion blog, or for a photographer’s portfolio. In any case, the theme fits perfectly and comes with the right tools. You should check out its demo to see how good it looks.
- The theme comes with features like threaded comments and Sticky posts which are helpful.
- It supports multiple post formats, which helps to run a multi-niche blog.
- The theme comes with two columns support and also includes support for active translation.
If travelling is the real niche you’re targeting, then have a look at my next recommendation. This theme comes with a flat and responsive design which is also Retina display ready. It supports images and gallery post types and does come with a homepage slider for sharing full-size images. Rest, the theme is perfect for running a blog.
- It comes with WPML compatibility, ensuring quick translation and multilingual ready.
- The theme comes with WooCommerce and many other plugins native support, ensuring perfect integration if needed.
- Surprisingly, it comes with proper documentation which is rare among free themes.
SKT Photo World
If sharing stories aren’t your plan, and wish to focus on images only, then have a look at our next offering. It is available at the official WordPress theme centre and comes integrated with WooCommerce to support e-commerce, if in needed in future. The theme is also compatible with Contact Form 7, which is a known plugin in the industry. In straight words, the theme can be used for sharing big size pictures, and can help the website to commercialised too.
- It comes with dedicated Theme Options Panel at the back-end to help webmaster bring quick customizations.
- It comes with two or single column layout, with a working slider at the homepage.
- The theme comes with Responsive layout along with few customization options.
Finally, you have the list of best choices in this specific niche, and I’m hoping, at least, one of them matched all the requirements at your end. Let me know which one you’re finally picking up and exactly why. Also, would you like to know about best premium photography WordPress themes too?