If you’re looking for an introduction to Genesis themes, then it must be your first day with WordPress. Yes, I learned about Genesis on the second day itself.
It’s more than just a theme, as it works as a parent theme for the Child ones. And, I’m going to share here the best Genesis Child themes you should look at.
As this is a product from StudioPress, so most of the Child themes in this compilation are from them. But, you can also find third-party developers making themes work with Genesis framework.
In any case, the following are the themes you can begin with.
Let’s start the compilation of a few top Genesis child templates.
Your search for a unique looking theme ends with Simply Pro. It not only sets a different tone, but still manages to look elegant. Although, the theme is not developed by the StudioPress but, still integrates perfectly with the Genesis framework. It’s best for running a fashion blog or a portfolio.
- The theme comes with one homepage area and one sitewide widget area, which are both customizable.
- The overall layout is responsive and fits perfectly with the mobile devices.
- It comes with HTML5 markup, ensuring modern browser compatibility.
- There are a bunch of layout options available to pick and change the basic layout.
If you’re looking for a theme that fit in the requirements for a business digital profile, then consider checking the demo of Digital Pro. It’s primary focus is on to market the product or services at its best, and the super elegant UI makes things look even better. The typography is another highlight here, which delivers top-notch reading experience.
- The theme comes with customizable header area, allowing you to put your own logo.
- It comes with Customizer tool available at the back-end, ensuring quick customizations.
- The homepage consists of three widget areas which make it easy to add any information and customize it, accordingly.
As per the design goes, this is my favourite child theme for Genesis, as it comes with extremely elegant UI which is specifically designed for the specific niche it targets. It’s meant to be used for a business profile of an interior designing gag, and to fit inside perfectly, it goes through a creative approach.
- The homepage is customizable using seven widget areas, bringing easy and quick way to change something.
- The theme is fit for making a landing page if that’s what you’re aiming for.
- It comes with multiple layout options and is also translation and SEO ready.
Altitude Pro is another child theme specifically designed to run a business profile. It can be used for any niche, and comes with parallax scrolling and animations which increases the viewing pleasure. The theme uses HTML5 markup and is lightweight, in spite of having dozens of functionalities at the base. It’s extremely responsive.
- The theme comes with pre-made custom templates for Default, Archives, Blog, and Landing page.
- The homepage area is up for customizations, thanks to seven different widgets.
- It allows custom background, custom header, and also let webmaster pick any sort of color styles.
The ambience of this theme is the real delight as it looks extremely elegant and everything is just, pleasing to eyes, and nothing else. It primarily focuses on the content and images part, and make sure the message is delivered, without hurting the user experience by a single margin. The theme looks clean, minimal and comes with 3 widgets for homepage and 4 widgets for footer areas.
- It comes with three layout options along with customizable header area.
- It looks perfect on almost any mobile device, including the traditional laptop and desktops.
- The theme is perfect for running a business profile or even a blog.
It’s a third-party theme which is slightly costlier than the usual ones, but it fits perfectly for running an e-commerce with your favourite keeping Genesis framework underneath. It integrates perfectly with WP e-Commerce, WooCommerce, and iThemes Exchange, the three known names in the e-commerce world. It looks stunning on desktop and the same is maintained by mobile devices too.
- It comes with 10 homepage and 5 side wide widget areas, to help webmaster bring quick customizations to the homepage area.
- The Theme Options panel is available at the Dashboard which is mostly handled by the Genesis framework.
- The theme is all set to use from the very first minute and doesn’t require a lot of setting up.
No Sidebar Pro
If you’re starting a personal journal or a travel blog, then check out how simple No Sidebar Pro theme looks. I’ve been personally using it for my travel blog and trust me, it is extremely easy to begin with. The theme doesn’t have any clutters at all, and is as minimal as possible. Do mind that there are no sidebars, at all.
- The theme is perfect for those looking for simplicity, at its best.
- It uses HTML5 markup to stay extremely modern and is compatible with multiple web browsers.
- It is translation ready and is extremely responsive.
These were the best from my side, but you might have difference taste. If you can define the requirements in the discussion section below, I can still help by picking some custom choices. Don’t forget to share this compilation with your blogger friends, and do let us know your experience with StudioPress products. Peace!