“My favourite part of podcasting is running my mouth for an hour. The only time I don\’t like it is when I’m off. Then that hour feels like a day and a half.” – Bill Burr
With growing demand for media content, the importance of podcasting is increasing and a lot of media channels are jumping into the act.
The themes I have mentioned below only works for the self-hosted version of WordPress which means you will require your own WordPress hosting. For this, I recommend SiteGround to host your site for as little as $3.95 you get FREE SSL, domain and support.
If you have that cover skip this step and check out our roundup below.
It has also opened a channel for those who were never comfortable with creating text and video content. So, if you’re eager to make the most out of this opportunity, all you need is some hardware, technical knowledge of audio equipment and a website to share those podcast content.
When it comes to other technical aspects, you can either learn those or hire someone professional but the website part can be taken care of by WordPress and a dedicated theme. I’m sharing the compilation of the best Podcasting WordPress theme which starts now. Ready?
The internet marketing realm is not a secret anymore and thousands of newbies are joining the blogosphere every month. So, to make yourself stand apart from the crowd, you need to make a professional impact. And, Giza is a theme that can help you achieve that with its professional look and features, specifically designed for writers, and podcasters.
- The theme is loaded with unlimited colors and layouts making it perfect for running an online magazine or a normal blog.
- It comes with support for multiple post formats and a dedicated format underneath to handle them, including the podcast.
- It uses responsive layout, making it available perfectly on mobile devices and uses Retina-ready design elements and icons.
- The theme is 100% translatable, making it available around the globe.
Coming to our next recommendation, this is a theme specifically designed for music niche, and the related subjects, to perfectly work with WordPress core. It comes with related functionalities built-in and can be used to run a band website. It allows live music streaming, making it compatible with our podcasting needs.
- It comes with a built-in event calendar to help you showcase important and upcoming shows with related details.
- It supports custom Menus which can be customised and used as per the taste.
- The theme comes with proper documentation and DIY tutorials to help you with the setup and make ensure a proper utilisation.
Now the third recommendation is a specific theme designed for podcast niche, which means you can find dedicated options and functionality built right within the theme itself. The design is clean, responsive, Retina-ready and totally impressive in look. It can also handle a dedicated blog if you wish to share some content with your subscribers and it also supports custom page templates.
- The theme comes with a bunch of built-in customization options, helping the webmaster to bring possible changes easily.
- It supports both audio and video podcasts, supporting these two types of media content along with support for oEmbed.
- It comes with parallax scrolling, increasing the overall look and further wooing the visitor.
- If you run subscription services on other platforms, the theme allows putting a link to each of them.
This particular theme is built over AudioTheme framework which is a dedicated script for the audio specific niche. This particular theme is a classy product which looks premium from every corner and it can be further customised using the framework behind. So, no need to write any code to implement a change.
- The design is responsive and works perfectly on mobile devices as well as on desktop and laptop browsers.
- It supports jukebox, allowing visitors to discover and stream selected songs from your playlist.
- It uses marquee and pinboard layout, making it easy for the visitors to quickly interact with the content and share it.
If you prefer choosing a theme which is trending at a particular course of time, then consider checking Soundbyte, a trending product at ThemeForest. It’s a unique looking theme specifically designed for the podcast and audio niches and the developer behind it is known for its quality work since years. The theme is new and comes with the modern and eye-catching layout.
- It comes with built-in audio and video player, along with support for multiple devices.
- The theme includes a dedicated page builder behind the scene supported with simple Drag & Drop builder.
- It follows the best practices to make the website SEO friendly and gain better rankings on SERPs.
Chords is my last recommendation and it covers every possible sub-niche coming under the audio category. It comes with a built-in homepage builder, making it possible and easy for customizations. It includes HTML and PSDs files and comes with a built-in Discography management to help visitors quickly find the audio or music file they are looking for or interested in.
- It comes with a modern and very impressive looking UI, making it easy for the visitors to fall in love with your services or product.
- It comes with a built-in event management tool, to quickly share upcoming events on the website or in real-life places.
- The theme also holds special pages to share artists profiles and details.
My next recommendation is a product of Themify and it comes with one bonus theme for free. The features start with unlimited layouts, thanks to Drag & Drop page compatible page layouts, dedicated pages for music artists, any other artists, and a music app, or even galleries. It can help you promote your new albums too, by sharing custom playlists which visitors are allowed to listen online. It even allows selling those albums via the website itself.
- It holds a built-in event management tool, allowing to share future event details and even sell tickets online.
- The theme comes with Google map view integration, helping your visitors to find a venue quickly.
- It comes with dedicated support for video and gallery post types.
- A music player is built-in and offered at the bottom bar, which works on both desktop and mobile phone browsers.
- The theme comes with custom header background and Menus.
This particular theme is available at ThemeForest marketplace and is currently among the top trending items on that store. It is a theme described for busy musicians, meaning it takes care of every functionality and technical aspects, helping you to focus primarily on your work. It includes Visual Composer page builder, allowing quick Drag and Drop visual editor. MailChimp integration is also included to help you get more email subscribers.
- The theme comes with Redux framework admin panel, which is powerful enough to bring any visual changes easily.
- The theme is built on Bootstrap 3 framework, making it modern and totally secure.
- It comes with Twitter, Soundcloud, Instagram, and Bandsintown integration, which is rare in this niche, but definitely a necessity.
- The theme comes with dedicated support for photo and video album post types and even includes parallax effects.
This one is a product of CssIgniter, which confirms its authenticity and comes with a very unique UI layout. If the UI gets you, then it comes integrated with dozens of cool features which are required for this specific niche, like a streaming audio player, custom widget support, and support for six different post types including artists, event, galleries, videos, and discography.
- The homepage is ready for Drag & Drop tool, allowing to bring quick visual changes.
- It is totally optimized for search engine, all Google, Bing, and Yahoo, helping the webmaster to get better SERP rankings.
- It comes with different color schemes to pick along with support for Retina display.
This one is the last recommendation from my side which is a dedicated theme for musicians, singers, bands, and Deejays. Trust me, you’ll believe this once you look at its demo and go through the long list of features it packs in. At the backend, Visual Composer is available, along with Slider Revolution plugin and WooCommerce integration.
- The theme comes with dedicated layout for radio or music specific website.
- It comes with perfect responsive design, making every element function properly on mobile devices and desktops.
- The design is kept very modern along with the tools to further customize it as per personal taste.
Getting started with WordPress is simple and the theme part will take care of all the functionalities. You just have to start with using the available tools and hundreds of DIY tutorials are available to help you. Our expert team will also be available at the discussion section to help you out from a particular issue on the subject. Good luck!