With the growing competition among internet marketing realm, the webmaster is always looking for some legit ways to get more and more traffic. Social media platforms are one huge source but to use them, is itself an another challenge.
One quick way which became popular, to gain more social shares, is by putting a lock on a part of the content, or maybe the complete itself.
This was made possible due to content locker plugins. Initially, they became everyone’s favourite but later their popularity came down due to some SEO concerns over their usage.
If you’re eager to start with the one and test out how well it works, here is a compilation of best content locker WordPress plugins. We don’t have a lot of options to consider, but I’ve still managed to find a handful number of worthy options.
Let’s check out each of them one by one and see which exact one you get to start with.
In this particular niche, it’s the best selling premium plugin and it comes with a super elegant design, making things look super awesome. The package includes ten built-in themes which can be used with a single click, or you can use the Visual Composer drag & drop page builder to create any possible unique UI. The plugin works with almost every known social platform and also holds a social counter. The design is responsive to ensure proper functionality of the modules on mobile devices and different animations are also part of the package, making things look further impressive. The plugin also has smart targeting options which you can check on in the demo.
- It allows the webmaster to put the locker anywhere, truly supporting the custom position feature.
- It has separate display options which can be used to further configure the module.
- It is compatible with WooCommerce and BuddyPress integration, staying available in two more situations.
- Other than the locker, it can also be used to display social sharing tools, which can boost the sharing number, without any lock module.
#2 OnePress Social Locker
If you don’t have a budget for now, then here is a premium class plugin available without any price tag. I’ve personally used it on one of my blogs and it worked like a champ. It puts a simple lock on a particular section, which can be initiated using a shortcode, asking visitors to do a social share in order to unlock the part. It works with Twitter, Google+, and Facebook, the three major source of social traffic, and it can be used on any type of URL i.e. content type. Everything is good on the performance side, making the module load at super fast speed and the plugin is also developer friendly, allowing them to create their custom visuals and functionalities. Later when you can afford to pay, go for its paid version which can unlock few more options. The paid feature can unlock other social platforms and also come with dedicated support.
- It packs four different types of locks, including CSS Selector, Skip & Lock, and More Tag.
- It is compatible with Visual Composer, allowing the webmaster to use the popular drag & drop page builder and bring visual changes without coding.
- The complete module is SEO friendly, making the locked content visible to the search engine bots.
- It packs a built-in analytics, giving you proper details on the performance of the module.
#3 Opt-In Content Locker for WordPress
As you can judge from the name itself, it puts an opt-in form before the content, asking the visitors to sign up for the newsletter or perform a social sharing action, in order to unlock the content. It works with all known email subscription management tools like Aweber, MailChimp, GetResponse, etc., and is compatible to work on almost any web browser. In fact, the layout is responsive to ensure proper functionality of the modules on smartphones and tablets. It comes with two different locking styles which are both interactive in nature. The plugin is compatible with active translation and comes with six months of dedicated support.
- It supports event tracking with built-in support for Google Analytics.
- The plugin packs 60+ configuration options which can be used to get a custom solution as per the situation.
- It supports caching plugins like W3 Total Cache, thus, making sure the performance always stays top-notch.
- It can be implemented using Shortcode, as it packs a built-in support for the same.
#4 Like 2 Unlock for WordPress
It’s a simple plugin which adds a Facebook like button before a locked area, and the visitor is forced to perform the like in order to gain access. There are no other features offered in this plugin, but this simple one can boost the traffic as we’re talking about Facebook here, which holds a massive number of active visitors. The plugin is deeply integrated with Facebook and is available for a price. It does pack certain optimisation features which can be configured to get better results than the normal setup.
#5 Easy Social Locker
It’s the final recommendation from my side and it’s again a premium product. It supports almost every social network and allows putting a custom lock before the content or even at other sections. It can generate unique URLs for likes and shares and supports almost every theme coded with the proper WordPress instructions. The locking mechanism works with the help of shortcodes which is extremely easy to use.
- It can create attractive messages to bring visitors close to interacting with the social sharing buttons.
- The plugin is SEO friendly, ensuring the locked content is visible to bots.
- It allows putting an automatic lock on a particular category.
- It is compatible with W3 Total Cache and other popular caching plugins.
As I mentioned it in the starting, there is an SEO concern related to the use of content locker plugins. So, I’ll recommend you to have a thorough research before making any final moves, especially on an established website/blog. Let us know which one you’ve finally picked in the discussion section. Peace!