Starting an eCommerce is not that easy task. It’s the kind of website which requires the highest level of concentration, quality work, patience, and huge investment.
If you are ready with the products list, then all you need is a WordPress platform, a premium theme, and a digital marketing team behind, to increase the number of visitors per day.
Here, we will be focusing on this compilation of best WooCommerce themes for WordPress. Each of these themes is hand-picked and have been trusted by thousands of users.
WordPress is a platform that 24% of the bloggers and online shops use and that number is growing. One of the reasons it is growing is the number of themes WordPress has at its disposal is legion. I don’t know exactly how many there are, but there’s a theme for every website.
Of course, if you run a business, you have different needs than a website that is informational only. WordPress has numerous themes for this as well. Let’s explore, shall we?
What is Ecommerce?
Have you ever purchased something over the Internet? Congratulations! You have participated in an eCommerce transaction.
eCommerce is defined as the purchase and sale of goods and services over electronic channels, i.e., the Internet. You don’t have to walk into a store, so no standing in line.
If yours is an Ecommerce site, you can spend of fortune on a developer to set up your website and all the technical stuff that goes on behind the scenes to make selling and getting paid work. Or you can use special platforms, which have already been developed and are intuitive to learn and do it yourself. This article is going to highlight one platform and several themes you can use.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is an Ecommerce platform designed in 2011 specifically for WordPress, and there are three primary reasons this platform is one of the most popular:
- It is easy to use, not just for you, but for your customer, as well.
- Very easy to develop your website with standard features.
- Lots of support, including chat and video tutorials
The front end of the platform is very intuitive for your customers and has the beauty of a one-page checkout. Back-end performance or developing and supporting the website, was created by business people, not developers only. This makes it very easy to figure out for the online shop owner.
So, let’s check out each of them! I’ll make sure you find it tough to ignore every single of them.
Flatsome is the number one WooCommerce theme at ThemeForest platform, it covers every known feature and functionality for this specific niche. It comes with a flat, responsive and gorgeous UI, making sure the visitors are never turning back because of the design concerns and is powered by latest version of WooCommerce. The design part is customizable, and a lot of options are offered to the webmaster to pick from. Multiple layouts to showcase products are available inside, which further increases the worth of theme. Most importantly, it comes with features which are all useful, rather than tons of them to mark a number or confuse the webmaster.
- A dedicated Drag & Drop page builder ships with the product, which is useful for creating unique looking pages, as per personal taste.
- The theme comes with Catalog mode, where the cart can be hidden including the functionalities to check out.
- It supports cross-browsers and is responsive enough to work even on featured mobile phones.
- It comes with proper support, lifetime free update, demo content, and easy updates via Envato WordPress Toolkit.
ZEON is a TeslaThemes product, a developer known for creating simple to use and great looking themes. And, you get the same in this particular product too. I’ll recommend checking out its Demo first, as if you prefer going with it, then there are tons of functionalities available at the Dashboard to give you proper control over the upcoming online store. The package includes 1 hour of customizations from the developer side, along with the usual premium support, free updates, and proper documentations. It comes with WPML integration, and the theme allows running a dedicated blog too.
- It includes Slider Revolution plugin, a known name which makes sliding images or content looks great and function at its best.
- Behind the theme, Tesla Framework is controlling everything, offering options to control and change functionalities, if needed.
- The design part is clean, flat, modern, and responsive to work on any known device these days.
- It comes with built-in specific tools and features to support the e-Commerce niche.
The name of this theme might not look from this specific niche, but the moment you check out its Demo, you’ll get it. The theme has a damn pretty face, good enough to woo the visitors, and then the available functionalities take over rest of the control. There is a Swift Page Builder working behind-the-scene to ensure proper functionality and offering customization options if needed. As per the e-commerce niche goes, there are tons of options and features available in this theme, which is all useful. It even includes few premium plugins within the package.
- The theme comes with Catalog mode, and a Wishlist module, built right within, which makes it a true e-commerce theme.
- It includes product Zoom functionality, which is handy for the visitors to check out the product’s minor details via images itself.
- It comes with boxed or full-screen layout options, and each of them is responsive in nature.
- Multiple color schemes to pick from and hundred of typography options further helps the webmaster to create a unique website.
This one is my personal favorite e-commerce niche theme. It got all the features in the package, and the recipe it comes with is all perfect for the specific niche. It comes with advanced customization options, like any other modern theme, along with Visual Composer page builder, like any other premium theme, and is fully responsive in nature. Apart from the usuals, the theme comes with a layout which has never been seen anywhere (at least for now), and that’s what makes this product stand out from the crowd. Moreover, it is quick to setup and easy to go through.
- It holds functionalities specifically for products, allowing you to change or select product’s color, size, and much more.
- It allows visitors to share their reviews, with both star rating system and a comment form, if they have something to say about.
- The theme is Affiliate ready, which means you can sell other products via this platform.
- It is multilingual ready and comes with the integration of PayPal, and even supports Checks, Credit Cards, and Cash on Delivery methods.
This is the final recommendation from my side and is strictly for those who are looking for even more features and options in a theme. Well, KALLYAS is a multi-purpose theme, which also takes care of e-commerce niche and the required features and functionalities for it. It’s a popular product at ThemeForest, and it comes with tons of integration of premium tools and plugins like BuddyPress, bbPress, WPML, Slider Revolution, MailChip, Google Translate, WooCommerce, etc. The theme is regularly updated, and features are always on their way to make the deal even sweeter.
- It includes Visual Page Builder, allowing the webmaster to create any pages using the Drag & Drop tool and 100s of available elements.
- The theme is responsive in nature, and no matter what sort of unique looking webpage you create, it will still be responsive.
- It comes with the dedicated premium standard of support along with dedicated documentation and video tutorials.
These were the best WooCommerce themes option for you, according to me. As I promised, I hope each of these were tough to ignore and at least, one of them was perfectly meeting the requirements at your end. Let me know which one you’re finally picking and exactly why.
What to Look For in an eCommerce Site
There are many things you need to take into consideration when choosing an eCommerce website, even on WordPress. Not every business is the same and neither is every theme. You want your site to look good and showcase your products in a way that is attractive to the consumer. That is important but, believe it or not, it is not the most important feature. Look for these 3 things and your customer will be happy.
- Functionality – Your site needs to function properly, which means pages have to load and products need to get to the cart quickly. Your pay options must work seamlessly. If any of these things don’t work, your customer will go somewhere else.
- Responsiveness – Your website needs to work across different platforms, such as a desk top, tablet or phone. Make sure that the theme you choose supports all of these.
- Intuitiveness – Your site needs to be easy for your customer to use. One-page checkouts, and easy payment options will make all the difference in your customer’s mind and will make them want to keep coming back.