Getting a website for a Church is a very specific task, personal, and requires a custom solution, for sure. But, the cost of it has to be considered.
Now, if you’re looking to save some bucks and get a cheaper and sustainable solution, then going ahead with WordPress platform can be a good one.
All you need is a dedicated theme, WordPress setup, and basic knowledge (or hire a VA expert in WordPress). And, here is a compilation of best Church WordPress themes.
Let’s begin with our top church WordPress template compilation!
Church and Events
As you can figure out from the name itself, it’s a perfect theme for this niche which even holds Event management tools. It comes with a Drag & Drop page builder, helping the possibility for endless customizations, WooTickets plugin integration, to help the Church arrange paid events. It also comes with LayerSlider and Sermons premium plugins to make the package a real sweat deal.
- There is a built-in Event Calendar, a pro tool to help webmaster create events, manage the attendees, charge them, and notify each of them.
- The homepage and header are are fully customizable, thanks to the page developer.
- The layout is totally responsive and supports Retina display devices. It also comes with dedicated support.
This next recommendation comes with some unique layouts, with options to pick any one of them. It comes with advanced Sermons manager, Causes and Donations manager and even packs an exclusive Events manager. The events are displayed in a Grid pattern. The theme is lightweight, ensures faster performance and looks elegant enough to woo the visitors.
- It holds all the possible feature and functionalities for an event, and that too related to a Church.
- It is backed with Visual Composer with its 100+ elements, ready to be added to create a unique looking layout.
- The theme is totally responsive and Retina display ready, along with flexible UI.
- It supports RTL languages and does come with active translation feature built right within.
If you’re looking for a stunning design primarily, then consider checking what maranatha has to offer. It comes with a mobile-friendly layout which offers one of the best possible ambiences for this Church niche. The customizations offered inside, work at real-time. It comes with Sticky Menu which is part of every modern theme these days. It also supports multiple post types.
- The theme natively supports podcasting, helping the Church administrators to connect with the visitors in a better and personal way.
- It comes with all kinds of useful customizations, like adding your own logo, or changing the Favicon, or editing the Menu and Header area.
- The theme uses high-resolution UI which is responsive to work on multiple mobile devices.
Benevolence is my next recommendation which does with support for Church specific post types like Sermons, Ministries, News, Sponsors, Projects, and even Events. The overall UI is super cool and looks elegant. It can also be used to share details of Staff, Causes, share documents and details about projects and sponsors. PayPal is integrated within to ensure faster, and secure payment gateway to accept donations from anywhere around the globe.
- The theme is extremely fast, achieving the Page Speed Grade of A94%.
- It comes with Recurring Events plugin along with the integration of Google Calendar.
- It supports Child Theme and the package does include one.
- It supports WooCommerce integration and comes with an advanced Theme Options panel.
With the integration of WooCommerce, Spiritual is a theme that can be used to sell products or merchandise. There is an event calendar available within, to complete the Church website. The UI is of the stunning level, and I highly recommend to check out its demo. The package includes Revolution Slider plugin, which is sold separately, and it does include a Shortcode generator. The possibilities for unlimited sidebars and Google Fonts integration clarifies how useful this theme is.
- The theme comes with Wide and Boxed layouts, with a bunch of customization options.
- There is an Options panel available at the Dashboard along with Live Customizer from WordPress.
- There is a section where portfolio can be shared, thanks to included Masonry plugin.
- It comes with unlimited skin types, color schemes and also supports active translation.
It’s a known product at ThemeForest for this niche and currently, it’s ranking among trending products, which confirms that a lot of people are taking an interest in it. It comes with a Drag & Drop page builder along with multiple premium plugins in the package like Revolution Slider. The theme is WooCommerce ready and it does support bbPress community tool. The design part is totally responsive and is also Retina display compatible. Also, the inbuilt Event Calendar works in the full-screen mode, increasing the visual pleasure.
- The theme comes with wide and boxed layouts, offering a bunch of choices to pick among.
- It comes with 10 predefined color schemes and even allows putting your own.
- The theme includes Sermons manager, allowing features like categories, tags, YouTube and Video support, adding audio, video, and PDF files, uploading and then putting up a URL, etc.
- It is ready for Causes and Donations which is a crucial part of a Church website.
That’s all from my side! There are few other best options out there, which I can recommend if you didn’t find any of the aforementioned worthy. Do let us know which one you’re finally picking and the idea of going through WordPress and saving extra bucks was nice or not. Peace!