Content plays the major role and everyone experienced at the internet marketing knows it. The real value of a website or blog is the type of content it holds. But, it’s not that easy to master.
Usually, the magazine and blog owners put a team of content creators who are responsible for updating fresh content. But, it’s a long time and costly process.
So, how you can create a content rich website or blog with minimum investment? Well, an Article Directory is the best answer in this case, and we’re looking for the same here.
You can easily create an Article directory website using WordPress, thanks to the simple setup process and dozens of plugins to take care of the functionalities. But, it’s not that easy to attract writers and bloggers to join your platform and keep the directory regularly updated.
You need a marketing channel to make it happen. If you’ve already figured that out, then go ahead and get over with the setup procedure.
As the title promises, I’m sharing a compilation of best WordPress article directory plugins and themes over here. Any of these will get the setup ready and the platform will be ready to help you manage everything in a better way.
Let’s start with our options now.
#1 Article Directory
Templatic is a known developer in the realm of WordPress as it produces quality themes and plugins, regularly. And, this first product over here is from their house, bringing a sense of authority to the table. It comes with everything installed and setup out-of-the-box and you just have to install it to make things work. It comes with everything ready as widgets, images, testimonials, blog posts, listings, descriptions, and much more. Everything is in the right place, as displayed in the demo, and it’s the real power of this product. Yes, the simplicity and easy of use! Other than the functionalities, the design part is specific to an article directory, which makes the package totally worthy.
- It comes with a built-in page to quickly allow the visitors to add or submit an article. Sign in and signup part is also there at the front-end.
- Different views for the published articles are available, offering a certain level of customization.
- It supports most of the premium online payment gateways like PayPal, 2Checkout, Autorize.net, and few more.
- It can allow your visitors to get discounts by offering them promotional coupons and sell the service in different packages.
#2 KnowPress Knowledge Base
If you’re creating this article directory to support your product, then creating a proper knowledge base is the best idea, and to make that happen, check out this particular theme available at ThemeForest. It’s a premium product and comes with a promise to receive future updates. It’s an extremely simple product with the design part inspired from the usual knowledge base of website hosting service provider or similar businesses. It even supports putting proper support system online and even publish the FAQs. The theme doesn’t have much customization and functionalities other than what I’ve just described, but there are still few options at the Dashboard to toggle. Keep in mind; the developer is not offering any support for this item at this time.
- It is extremely fast in performance and works on mobile devices, thanks to the responsive layout.
- It doesn’t require any technical knowledge or expertise as everything is setup in the perfect motion.
- It allows you to offer the visitors an option to quickly edit a particular section.
#3 Article Directory WordPress Plugin
It’s not a theme, rather a WordPress article directory plugin and it is available without any price tag. Although the developer has put up a donation system online, if you wish to pay for the product. The plugin once installed, adds a set of functionalities to a normal WordPress website which will help it to look and function just like a proper article directory website. It comes with few customization options too, which can be toggled to bring custom results and it even allows putting custom CSS code, to totally change how UI looks.
- It has a proper structure for parent and child categories and displays proper data.
- It has a specific set of visuals and functionalities for the categories that helps the website to stay in proper structure.
- The admin is offered the right to confirm a new profile registration who will be later allowed to publish fresh content.
#4 Directory by WPMUdev
The final recommendation from my side is a top-notch product from a premium WordPress developer. And as you can expect, it fits in this compilation as it packs all sort of functionalities required to help you quickly setup a niche directory website. It can help you quickly setup a Yellow Page style website which is both powerful in nature and super impressive in design. In order to get this plugin, you need to buy their membership as it’s not a standalone product. It is also compatible with BuddyPress to help you create an online community with proper functionalities and visuals. It allows putting custom user permissions which are required to keep a proper control over the directory.
- It comes with built-in features like ratings, reviews, and payment systems.
- It includes a powerful navigation system and a UI which is both interactive and functional.
- It can work with almost any WordPress theme and is ready to be used on multiple websites.
- The package also includes a customizable directory specific theme, which one can use if needed.
These were the best plugins to create an article directory website using WordPress script. And, I hope you found, at least, one of them perfectly matching the requirements you were looking for. Let me know which one you’re finally picking and the exact reason behind the same. Your feedback will be valuable and will help other users looking to achieve similar results. Peace!