Setting up an e-commerce store and managing everything is a big task. No doubt, you need to have an expert team which can take care of different tasks.
However, for a startup, if a person can take care of most of the things, there are a few WordPress plugins which can take care of most of the functionalities.
These WordPress eCommerce plugins are expert in handling things on their own, i.e., offering a system on pilot. Interested in knowing the details about each?
Which is the best WordPress eCommerce plugins?
WooCommerce is a plugin developed by Automattic, the parent company of WordPress itself. The product is available for free, and there is nothing you need to pay. There are dozens of extensions available which can extend the existing feature set and make the site look more advanced. The plugin is always kept updated to stay compatible with the latest WordPress script version, and it now runs over 30% of the total e-commerce online stores. In short, it’s a popular product and if you use it, then you’ll be in safe hands.
- It takes care of everything from selling to shipping, and even supports all available and reliable payment gateways.
- The webmaster has complete control over the tax, user accounts, and every feature offered by WooCommerce.
- The plugin also packs a free theme, which is equally good and can take care of the designing part, which is not well-covered in this plugin.
- The plugin features REST API which makes it compatible with every other plugin or functionality.
Shopify is a popular name in the e-commerce industry, and it offers tons of features which are missing in every other plugin. For the WordPress users, the product is available in the form of a plugin, but to use its applications, there is no need of WordPress, at all. Shopify allows users to use their platforms to set up a shop and start selling quickly. Of course, it’s a paid plugin with premium services offered, even in the basic plan. The product also offers a Lite plan where you can directly sell products on Facebook without worrying about anything related to e-commerce. In short, if you’ve products to sell, Shopify should be your first pick, as it takes care of every hurdle in between and let you focus on product selling.
- The plugin adds SSL encryption to the checkout and payment pages, keeping things secure and compatible with the e-commerce norms.
- It has built-in App Store, where 1000s of apps are available that can be used to extend the basic functionality.
- The customer details and their order details can be imported in CSV format, and for every order, an invoice can be generated instantly.
- Default supports stripe and PayPal, and there is also a Shopify Payment option which works in US, UK, CA, and AU.
For setting a new e-commerce and get few initial sales, iThemes Exchange is a perfect plugin. It is available in free and premium versions, while the free version offering just basic features. The basic ones are good for starters, but you’ll jump for the premium version for the added functionalities and add-ons. A known developer develops the plugin. So, there is nothing to worry about its credibility here.
- The plugin supports both digital and physical products, and any of these can be set up quickly and made available for the users to buy.
- Stripe and PayPal are standards followed from scratch and thus, both of these payment gateways are supported.
- There is an option to offer Coupons, and the functionality is integrated into the checkout page.
- Products can be listed among Categories, and the plugin supports even Tags.
Easy Digital Downloads
If all your products are digital, then this should be the plugin to pick. It comes with every possible feature required for this specific niche, and most of the features are available without any price tag. There is a premium version of the plugin which adds payment gateway, in case the digital products are not free. The plugin transforms a simple website into a complete e-commerce experience with every related feature available.
- It keeps track of downloads, and the reports are available for the webmaster for further analysis.
- It uses the famous REST API, ensuring that any functionality or plugin can be integrated easily.
- The plugin supports coupon codes and even take care of their expiry or limited usage sides.
- It works with MailChimp and Stripe which both can increase the user experience and total sales.
Another free plugin which makes it way into the e-commerce world with tons of features. The product is regularly updated to stay compatible with the latest WordPress version released. So far, it has managed to get 40k+ active installs. It allows custom HTML and CSS codes using which the plugin can be customized further. The package is offered with video tutorials which are helpful in case of a newbie user.
- The plugin offers additional modules (paid) which can be used to extend the functionalities further.
- There are a few marketing tools available inside which can help the webmaster to make the shop look better.
- It is integrated with dozens of shipping and payment service providers.
- The check-out part is handled over SSL, keeping the credentials totally secure and safe.
In no manner, you should consider this plugin inferior to those above. It’s a WPMU product, and the developers are known for offering a product with credibility and quality. It’s available for free and comes with everything you need to set up a shop within WordPress realm quickly. The default version covers more than a dozen of features while there is also a pro version to bring every premium feature to the table. The developer team supports it, and a proper documentation is also available in the package.
- The plugin is compatible to work with Multisite installation and even with BuddyPress.
- It allows adding custom CSS and includes widgets which make customization easy.
- AJAX powers the cart and the related widget, so the webpage is not required to load to add a product.
- It is integrated to work with all known payment gateways and also takes care of Tax, VAT, and coupons.
We are lucky to have all these worthy plugins which are equally good when it comes to the list of features and the way they execute everything. So, which one you’re finally moving with?