A proper form is what every website needs, whenever it requires collecting a set of data from the visitors. It is also required to create special pages like Contact form.
The form should look premium, should have proper customization options to let webmaster setup unique layouts, and must be responsive to work on mobile devices.
Now since you’re aware of what to look in, the following are the best WordPress form builder plugins. You can look at the details of each and then decide the exact one you are good to go with.
Let’s have a look at the list now!
Does it require any introduction? Haven’t you heard its name? Gravity Forms is the number one solution for every similar requirement and it totally suits the WordPress platform. It comes with built-in forms for different requirements and even holds proper customizations and flexibility, allowing the webmaster to create a totally custom form. The plugin is kept updated regularly and is backed up by a dedicated support from the developer. One more interesting feature it packs is that the form builder works with a drag & drop tool, allowing the webmaster to setup things without coding anything.
- It comes with dozens of form-based service provider or the related ones like payment gateways or email subscription handler, and much more.
- It works perfectly with all the themes out there and the developer has personally ensured the compatibility with all popular ones.
- It comes with built-in add-ons which can be quickly used to add a particular setting.
It’s free to use product which is also available in a premium form with additional functionalities and dedicated support from the developer. It comes with tons of functionalities and features which are all quick to setup and easy to get started. The plugin is one click away from installing and works perfectly with most of the themes. Just like our first option, it comes with add-ons, allowing to increase the functionality quickly. Moreover, the complete code of the plugin is available on Github platform, allowing anyone to edit or improve it.
- It comes with built-in options to keep spamming activities away from getting in front of the webmaster.
- It allows adding a date picker to the text fields and other similar functionalities which are small but are capable of increasing user experience.
- It allows you to put user-accessible form where they can submit data which is manageable via webmaster.
- It also allows the webmaster to put conditional logic, allowing the form to be visible to a specific set of users.
If you’re still checking out the options, then have a look at this trending product at ThemeForest. It comes with proper support from the developer and packs premium visuals and functionalities. The real power of this plugin is its performance which is blink fast, ensuring proper functionality even on slower internet connections. Behind, there are about 23 fields available which can be used with a single click, and the whole layout is powered by AJAX, which keeps the website away from loading completely to bring a change. You can even use it completely, before buying it, thanks to the available demo site (check details at the link).
- The layout and visual elements are optimized for mobile devices, being responsive and they are even ready to work on Retina display featuring gadgets.
- It comes with a GUI powered drag & drop form builder, keeping the webmaster completely away from coding.
- It holds special elements for the email subscription and even packs auto-responders like features.
- It supports Math logics which can be used to filter out a specific set of users.
Contact Form 7
With over million of active installs, Contact Form 7 is the number one plugin. Its journey started as a simple form to add a contact us page on a WordPress website but with time, the developer improved it a lot, adding different functionalities and support to create other sorts of forms. It is integrated perfectly with WordPress and is lightweight to ensure proper performance score, which is crucial these days. It comes with proper documentation and a support forum. It is powered by AJAX, which ensures the whole page is not loaded in order to approve a submission and make it count.
- The plugin is extremely simple to use with most of the things already setup in the motion.
- It comes with an option to expand the simple form and increase its functionalities further.
- It allows putting CAPTCHA and Akismet spam filter functionalities to control the spamming.
- It is compatible to work with every WordPress theme and is always updated to stay integrated with the modern WordPress version.
Visual Form Builder
This plugin promises that you don’t need to write any code in order to setup any sort of form, and it does keep its promise, thanks to the proper functionalities in the bundle. The plugin is available in both free and premium versions, offering you a flexibility to pick the one as per the requirements. If I’ve to define it in a single sentence then I’ll say that it’s an improved version of Contact Form 7, the plugin I last recommended. It even has over thousands of active installs and is always kept updated to work properly with the modern WordPress version.
- It comes with drag & drop powered form builder, and adding fields requires just a click.
- It comes with jQuery form validation and SPAM protection system.
- It can redirect the WordPress page or post once to a particular URL, once submission is successful.
- It allows the webmaster to export entries to CSV files and even allows putting your own custom CSS code.
WordPress Form Builder Plugin
Quform Form Builder
Fast Secure Contact Form
Visual Form Builder Pro
Captain Form Builder
These are our top WordPress form builder plugins, and I hope you found, at least, one of them worthy. Although, all of them are worthy, but the final selection has to be made by you. Let us know which one you’re finally picking up and exactly why. Peace!