Implementing Instagram and its gallery into a WordPress blog or website is a dead simple process. By default, the functionality isn’t available in the base code, but it can be implemented via a right plugin.
Today, I’m sharing a compilation of best WordPress Instagram plugins to help you have a list of the best solutions available out there.
Instagram is one of the best and popular platform for sharing images and it can turn out to be a massive traffic source for your blog.
Once you’re onto the strategy to woo millions of Instagram users, you can put the profile on the blog, so that more users can follow it. Let’s start with the compilation now.
Instagram Feed WD
Instagram Feed WD is a WordPress plugin that allows you to pull in content from numerous Instagram accounts. Helping you to increase your social presence and keep your audience updated with ongoings within your business. You can display your images anywhere on your website and because it’s 100% responsive readers get a seamless experience across various devices. The images you pull in will be SEO optimized to help pull in more visitors from the search engines especially Google images. Out the box you get four different styling options to choose from thumbnails, image browser, blog style, and masonry. This is by far the most advanced and most complete solution to choose from. You can be really creative with Instagram Feed WP by pulling in content from a particular account or by defining hashtags to use. You can fine tune the experience for your users by determining how to handle a user clicking on an image whether to redirect them or open the image in a beautiful lightbox.
- Works seamlessly with most WordPress themes
- Display unlimited amount of images on a post and page with infinite scrolling and pagination.
- Elegant styling options to keep readers engaged and on the site longer.
Alpine PhotoTile for Instagram
Instagram is all about styling and if you’re looking for a similar product, then check out what Alpine has to offer. Even after offering these premium looking features, the plugin is available for free. It allows showcasing the images and videos into posts or pages or in the sidebar using the available widgets. The only downside, for now, is that the developer is no longer developing the product but, it’s still worthy.
- It holds tons of customization options to play with and make this plugin look like a custom solution.
- It packs built-in widget and shortcodes, making the implementation of the functionality, a dead simple task.
- It supports Lightbox which is used for the images among slideshow, thus, increasing the overall experience.
- The plugin also supports caching which improves the performance, keeping the page load time to a minimum.
WP Instagram Widget
It’s a simple product which packs a built-in widget to showcase the live feed from an Instagram profile. Simplicity is the real deal here and the product is extremely lightweight. Also, you don’t need to pay anything for using it. It doesn’t require any login details of the account and works on its own. You should pick it up if you’re looking for a dead simple solution.
It’s the first premium plugin I’m recommending and it’s quite popular at CodeCanyon platform. It perfectly works with the latest Instagram API and doesn’t require any login to feed in the live images and videos from a particular profile. It offers a lot of customizations to the already aww standard graphics, which are all present to showcase the feed in the best possible way. It comes with three built-in site templates and supports iOS and Android-powered smartphones and tablets. With all these features inside, the plugin still loads fast, keeping the performance high.
- The layout is responsive to ensure proper functionality on mobile devices, tablets, laptops, and desktops.
- It packs Fancybox integration, adding premium and super awesome looking effects to the image gallery.
- It packs multiple layout modes like thumbnail, fullscreen, and list.
- It can work with either a single account or even with a multi user account.
#4 Instagram Slider Widget
As you must have judged from the name, it’s a free plugin that offers a widget to work with the Instagram. It can import the images and showcase them as WordPress attachments. It doesn’t require any API or login to start with, and linking to a particular image or profile is dead simple. Up to 18 images are allowed to be showcased from either a profile or a hashtag. Moreover, it allows sorting the images as per random or popularity or date.
Instagram Recent Photos Widget Pro
In case if you’re looking for a widget but with tons of additional features, then check out this premium plugin which is not that costly, but manages to pack a bunch of cool features and functionalities. It allows showcasing a particular image and adjust its size, and column count. The caching mechanism used inside is the real delight as it processes the images at lightning fast speed, offering a top-notch performance. Moreover, it offers a tinyMCE shortcode, that can display the feed inside a widget, or post or page or even on custom post types. In short, every feature related to Instagram for WordPress is covered here.
- It totally supports Lightbox, which can be turned ON/OFF as per custom requirements.
- It supports Retina display powered iPhone and iPad, including the other Android and Windows Phone powered devices.
- The package includes proper documentation and it is regularly updated to stay compatible with the latest WordPress version.
Simple Instagram Embed
This particular plugin is available without any price tag and it does what its name says. It allows quick embedding of either a profile or a particular post from the Instagram platform. The embedded object works on desktops, laptops and is responsive to function properly on mobile devices without any issues. This is the only feature offered here. The codebase is available on Github for developers to contribute and keep it updated.
Enjoy Plugin for Instagram
It’s my final recommendation which you can begin using without paying anything. Although there is a premium version available, offering additional features. It can quickly import and showcase the pictures from the Instagram platform on your website. And, the elements are responsive to ensure proper functionality on smartphones and tablets. It can grab images via profile or even via hashtags. It also offers a Shortcode button in the editor area, that can be used to quickly implement the module in a page or post.
- The plugin is compatible to work with touchscreen devices, making things properly functional.
- It offers navigation buttons within the gallery area which can be turned ON/OFF.
- It holds a built-in widget that can be used for implementing the functionality in the sidebar area.
- Multiple animations are offered to improve the way image galleries look.
Finally, we’re done with the compilation and now you’re having the options to pick from. Once you’re done with the selection part, let us know which particular one you’re picking up, and exactly why. This feedback will help us improve. Peace!