The presentation is everything, and when it comes to showcasing the products to woo the visitors, its importance increases further.
By default, WordPress can’t take care of those presentation needs, but thanks to the expandability options, i.e., plugins, we can integrate tons of features and functionalities which can help us with the presentation.
Today I’m sharing a compilation of best WordPress product catalog plugins which are all capable of delivering what we’re looking for here.
Before you begin with any of these, do keep one thing in mind. These plugins can implement the functionality to support a better presentation, but the real work is still pending ahead of you.
“Nothing will teach you more about perceived value than taking something with literally no value and selling it in the auction format. It teaches you the beauty and power of presentation, and how you can make magic out of nothing.” – Sophia Amoruso
I hope you’ve done enough homework to take care of rest of the things. So, let’s quickly get over with the best options we have.
If you are still looking for alternatives, then this is the last recommendation. It is available in both free and commercial version, and packs all the standard features to help you put up a product catalog online. It packs certain customization options along with the functional ones which can be tweaked to get a custom and niche specific package. Most of the customization are packed for the paid version, keeping the free one straight and simple.
- The layout is responsive and is totally mobile friendly which ensures proper functionality for smartphones and tablets.
- It allows exporting and importing the products and even include a search tool which supports a bunch of queries to work with.
- It’s extremely simple to use and packs specific customization features for the images.
The best chance we have is to start with a plugin, available for free, and also packs a paid version. The very first plugin I’m recommending passes this checklist, and this is the very first reason why I’m mentioning it on top. It packs customization options which will help you achieve a custom solution, without writing a single code, and if you feel like coding, then it does support custom CSS. It can take care of the categories for different products and has specific features for the same. The search tool is also included in the package which is powered by AJAX, making sure that the webpage isn’t required to be loaded to refresh the elements.
- The catalog is filterable even via URL, allowing the products to be listed as per a category.
- It packs a dedicated Options Panel, allowing the webmaster quickly to bring the possible visual and functional changes.
- Everything is SEO friendly, and if you go with the premium version, SEO compatibility is increased further.
- It is available for free and is always kept updated to work with the modern WordPress version.
3Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart
This is my next recommendation which is again a popular product, available for free in the official WordPress repository. It offers real-time shipping integrations, various sort of product listings with tons of customization and even supports active translation among 45 known languages across the globe. It even packs a shopping car, which is fully functional to help you set up an e-commerce shop. Moreover, it even supports online payment gateways, all popular ones. Just like the previous plugin, Ecwid is also available in a premium version, which you can opt for to get improved features, performance and dedicated support from the developer.
- It supports Facebook e-commerce norms, keeping everything perfectly integrated between Facebook and WordPress storefronts.
- The design part is totally responsive, and the mobile friendly feature is built-in to ensure proper functionality. It even supports Retina display powered iOS devices.
- It packs few special feature like automatic backup and upgrades to ensure proper security of everything.
- The plugin works with other e-commerce stores like Google Shopping and eBay.
If you are running a blog and planning to put some products online with the help of a product catalog plugin, then consider checking CataBlog. It is available for free and is currently used by over 8k active users. It packs tons of functionalities but lacks the customization power as of the above two mentions. Still, the functionalities it packs are worthy enough to make this plugin recommendable. At the dashboard, it adds an Options Panel, using which the webmaster can bring possible changes, and it even allows putting HTML code to help you gain a better control. It even supports the WYSIWYG TinyMCE editor to help you quickly format the products and arrange them in a similar and elegant fashion.
- It lets you import and export the catalog in either XML or CSV formats.
- It packs powerful categories and filters, making it easy for the visitors to sort out a particular product quickly.
- It supports the localization for specific languages like English, French, Swedish, Russian, German, and Spanish.
- Everything inside is easy to use and straight to the point, making sure the user experience is well-maintained.
It’s a simple plugin specifically designed to work for digital products, and it can help you display each of them in a better way. It comes with everything pre-set, allowing very few customizations but few functional changes are possible. It is available for free and is extremely lightweight. You can begin using it and if the free version looks good, then there is also a Pro (paid) version with added improvement for performance, security, along with features.
- It comes with a Drag & Drop tool, to easily order the products among the categories.
- Everything is compatible with cross browsers and even the Internet Explorer.
- It allows putting a custom CSS to help you get an elegant and very personal UI.
So, these were the best WordPress catalog plugins to pick from, and I hope you have already made a decision. Let us all know about your selection and the exact reason why you picked that up. Your feedback is valuable to us and also to our community here. Good luck!