“Cooking classes are a great way to hone your skills, learn new recipes, and meet like-minded friends. Spending time in the kitchen with people who love to cook as much as you do is fun and educational.” – Homaro Cantu
The reason why you’re here is because developing a perfect functioning and modern looking website is not your expertise.
The best you can do is cook and share the recipes with others and that’s exactly is your aim.
Shall we begin with the compilation now?
SocialChef is my first recommendation as it comes with extremely unique and modern layout along with dozens of features which are must these days. It comes with proper optimisation for SEO norms and is even compatible with Schema.org, helping the website stand out in SERP listings. The theme comes with WooCommerce integration to help you sell online products and includes advanced search tool to further help the visitors.
- It comes with BuddyPress and bbPress integration, helping you to start an online forum or community.
- The theme uses responsive layout along with clean and modern design to woo the consumers.
- Apart from running a blog, it also supports front-end recipe submission, allowing visitors to share their own recipes too.
- It comes with 12 predefined color schemes and premium font icons.
This particular theme is specifically and specially designed for sharing recipes only, and the features it covers is beyond the scope of any other theme in the competition here. It comes with a unique looking homepage and specific page layouts, along with a working set of filters and search tool to help visitor quickly find a particular recipe. The users are allowed to check most of the features through a pseudo login, which can help you know everything before actually buying it.
- It supports a specific Recipe post type and allows users to login and submit recipes through front-end itself.
- It supports recipe microformats which are used by Google search engine. It can increase SERP rankings and CTR.
- The theme comes with tons of speed optimisations features underneath and lazy load feature is by default activated on thumbnails and images.
- It takes care of monetization as it includes built-in advertisement placements.
This isn’t the only food niche theme from StudioPress but this one is my personal favourite. It comes powered with Genesis framework, working behind-the-scene and follows a sleek, modern and minimalist approach. It comes with dozens of color schemes to pick and change the accents along with a bunch of typography customization options, which can still affect the visuals. Being minimal, it loads faster than most of the themes and can help your blog get better search engine rankings.
- It comes with custom page templates, making it easy to identify different post types.
- The homepage is built using widgets and can be customised easily, without writing a single piece of code.
- At the back-end, a Customizer is available to help you change allowed settings, background, header, etc.
Looking for a multipurpose restaurant and recipes specific theme? Well, Sage can answer all your questions as it comes with built-in 40 unique demos which are always available through One Click install facility. It can be used to create a website for a traditional restaurant, cafe, bistros, bars, etc., or run a modern looking recipe or food-centric blog. Currently, it’s a trending product at ThemeForest which itself confirms the quality you’ll be getting.
- It includes 40 unique demos, 80+ page elements, 4 add-ons, and 20 menu pages. Enough customisations, right?
- It comes with WPML support to make sure the content is always translatable into any global language supported over the internet.
- It comes with five different header behaviours and designs and Visual Composer is available behind-the-scenes to bring any possible design changes.
- It supports WooCommerce to help you sell products and food online.
It’s a Tesla framework powered theme available specifically for food and recipe niche. It is perfectly compatible with WordPress script and norms and is SEO ready from every corner. The theme includes custom shortcodes for recipes to quickly allow the webmaster to setup a recipe page anywhere at the website. The theme comes with social media integration and filterable portfolio to help you stay connected socially, and present your services in a professional way, respectively. It supports custom posts and comes with proper documentations and support to help the webmasters setup the theme quickly.
- The theme comes with Google Maps integration, which can be useful if you’re targeting a specific location.
- It comes with Ajax powered Contact form which is useful to get important feedback and contact requests.
- The layout itself consists of 12 columns, 2 custom widgets, and 4-page templates.
- It is built using Twitter’s Bootstrap framework, which makes it extremely secure and lightweight.
If you wish to gain a fame as a cook, I’ll recommend trying out your own recipes and sharing them on the regular basis. While writing the content, don’t just focus on recipes but also share the behind-the-scene stories along with cool pictures. If possible, also share video content on YouTube, a channel of your blog. In the need for assistance on any related subject, feel free to explain yourself in the discussion section below. Good luck!