Being a traveller myself, I found it hard to pick a perfectly matching WordPress theme, offering an ambience to my blog, which I was looking for. During my research, I looked at hundreds of options, and finally noted down dozens of them.
Out of those dozens, I’m sharing the best travel WordPress themes right here. This compilation is hand-picked, and I’m sure you’ll find it hard to pick a single one out of these.
There are few prime factors I was looking at the time of selecting the perfect theme. Like, it should handle the images perfectly, it should have fewer distractions in the UI, and it should load fast (considering I’ll be uploading tons of videos and images).
Most importantly, it should deliver an ambience matching the travel niche, which is hard to define in words.
I hope you got the point here, so let’s begin with the compilation now.
It’s a powerful product which takes care of almost everything; a travel website might need. It covers all the sub-niches under the Travel category and comes with an easy toggle to switch to any of your preferences. There are 17 different homepage variations, along with tons of other customization options at the Dashboard. It can also be used to run a fully functional blog, where you can update your readers about recent travels. Most importantly, it packs travel specific features and functionalities. Bottom line, it’s the best theme if you’re all set to start a booking website (Flight, Cruises, Cars, etc.).
- The combination of Visual Composer and Slider Revolution plugins are available at the back-end, helping the webmaster to customize a page quickly.
- It supports six different post types which are all helpful in putting a top-notch looking travel niche website.
- Six different header styles are packed along with five different footer styles.
- The whole layout is responsive, no matter, which Demo or customization you put into action.
If those mentioned above wasn’t impressive to you, but that’s exactly the idea, then check out what Travelo has to offer. It packs similar features, but all are showcased in an entirely different UI, which is elegant and top-notch, as per user’s perspective. It includes PayPal integration, putting a genuine and safe online payment gateway in the scene. It’s the best theme for selling tour packages as it can take care of everything, like hotel booking, flight booking, and related stuff. The design part is using Flat elements and the UI is totally responsive to make the website work on mobile devices.
- The Dashboard area holds a classic Options Panel, allowing the webmaster to bring visual and functional changes quickly, just by dragging and dropping elements.
- The package includes 55 useful Shortcodes, which are all available to quickly add any possible functionality.
- It packs ten site skins, eight header styles, and six footer styles.
- The theme also includes Mega Menu and a proper and fully functional Blog.
If you’re running a small travel business, based in a particular city, then check out what this theme has to offer. It packs all the features and functionalities this sub-niche will require and everything is boxed in a gorgeous UI, which is also responsive in nature. There is also a HTML version of the same product, in case you’re not comfortable with WordPress. The theme packs powerful tools for helping out hotel and tour booking for a particular city, and the listings available in the search area are featured with proper details and images. It also packs custom icons, which are helpful in customization.
- A powerful, yet simple to use Options Panel is available in the Dashboard.
- PayPal payment system is integrated perfectly, offering the safest and genuine online transaction gateway.
- The theme packs 33 , all useful Shortcodes which are quick to pick and use.
- Visual Composer, Revolution Slider, Slider Pro and many other premium plugins are included in the package.
One Page Modern Tour Agency Theme
As the name suggests it all, it’s a one-page theme, perfectly designed for creating landing pages. It is all powerful and elegant in looks, that it can easily attract the visitor, and can bring the conversion which webmaster is expecting. The theme is extremely simple to use, as it holds minimum and only required features and functionalities. There are few customization options available too, in case you’re trying to achieve a different look than what’s shown in its demo.
- It can handle a proper and fully functional travel niche blog, supporting reviews.
- It holds integration for Google Maps, MailChimp, and Contact Form.
- Other than Visual Composer, additional Live Customize options are also available.
- The theme comes with extensive documentation and top-notch support.
It’s a blog specific theme, which can be used to run a fully functional, attractive, and all elegant travel magazine. It’s a multipurpose theme with proper support for SEO, and top-notch score in performance. The theme holds an Options Panel at the Dashboard, along with Visual Composer to quickly build custom pages. The layout it offers is all capable of delivering a proper magazine look, which is the real superpower here. The developer behind the product is a known one and offers a top-notch level of support. It holds a Travel niche Demo, which is one-click away from installing and setting up. Time-saver, right?
- It includes free lifetime updates, which is really cool, as your website will always be getting bugs and performance improvement upgrades.
- There is almost no coding required, at all, to use this product.
- It supports every post types and holds multiple UI versions for them.
- It allows publishing smart lists type posts and even includes proper content blocks for the Homepage.
This theme is among those very few most selling ones at ThemeForest and it is ready for multipurpose niches, including our specific travel niche here. It comes with a Drag & Drop page builder name Fusion Builder to help you create uniquely looking pages without coding at all. Also, there are plenty of ready demos are available which are one click away from installation and setup. Moreover, it comes with WooCommerce integration to help you sell those hand-picked products if you’ve any ready to ship.
- The best part is that it comes with unlimited design possibilities and all without requiring to code.
- The theme is not just responsive but offers a dedicated layout for mobile devices to meet the mobile-friendly design tag.
- It comes integrated with Gravity forms, bbPress, event calendar, WooCommerce, Contact Form 7, and many more.
- It comes with Shortcode generator and an auto theme updater.
This is a dedicated theme to run a hotel, bed, and breakfast booking business. You can just install this theme and focus on your content, leaving every functionality on the theme itself. It includes seven different looking demos, and easy to switch between that tool. Additionally, the package comes with free video tutorials, online documentations, free PSD files inside and dedicated support to help you out with any technical aspect.
- It comes with a premium WP Booking System plugin which individually costs $34, along with $20 value Responsive Touch Swipe slider.
- It comes integrated with WooCommerce and Checkout support systems.
- The theme includes 350 high resolutions images which are all travel related and available at your access to use without worrying about anything.
- It holds specially designed webpages which are all set to boost the conversion.
Distraction is the thing why people love traveling, as it helps them stay away from it. If you wish the website to stay away from distraction too, then have a look at Insight theme offered by WPZoom developers. It is a magazine theme, specially designed for travel niche while keeping it primarily focuses on images and content, rather than anything else. It is totally responsive and Retina ready and is high-resolution to look stunning. There is a built-in dynamic homepage builder to offer you go for even unique design and includes three color schemes to pick.
- The theme comes with a Visual customizer which is helpful in many cases.
- It is supercharged by Jetpack and comes with deep integration to offer you a lot of additional functionalities and tools.
- The homepage is supported for Widgets which is very rare but a handful feature to ease the customization process.
- It comes with two different blog view, Grid and List, both looking stunning, but offering a choice to the webmaster.
This particular theme is best for running a personal blog which is general intended to share stories and experiences with images and videos, of course. The design part is stunning and still minimal to look even elegant. The author behind this theme, is among Elite Authors of ThemeForest, bringing a sense of genuineness. The best part about the theme is that it looks exactly the same on all devices while perfectly staying functional.
- The theme uses a special tool working behind-the-scene to make those stunning images fit perfectly on mobile devices.
- It comes with support for WordPress own customizer, helping you to bring few allowed visual changes, without coding at all.
- It comes deeply integrated with social profiles, and help you save installing an additional plugin for the same.
- It meets the SEO norms perfectly to help you get better organic visibility.
Did you find the compilation helpful and time-saving? I made my best efforts to put only the qualified themes above, and each one of them is hand-picked. Finally, let me know which one you’re selecting and exactly why. It will help other travel bloggers to make a selection. Don’t forget to share the compilation. Good luck with the blog!